Friday, September 21, 2007

Last weekend

I'm a week late again. Oh well as they say...better late than never. hehehe

Last Friday, Sept 14.
Ric and I had dinner at our ever favorite porridge place with our Singaporean friend, Edmund. He's back here in Hanoi for meetings and would also attend a wedding of one of his engineers in Saigon.
After dinner, we went to the night market and I was able to buy 4 kitty cat pouches. But I think these are over runs of those being sold in Vincom and is originally made from Japan. Because the ones being sold at the night market was way much cheaper and also you have to double or triple check the quality. Some have stitching and zipper problems and a few small stains here and there. Then we walked a few blocks to buy some DVDs.
We saw a lot of foreigners/backpackers having Bia Hoi (draft beer) on the street. This was an amazing sight for me because I had this impression that they would be in a nice and cozy cafe instead. But they were sitting on the plastic blue chairs, having their drinks and some even chit chatting with the locals.

Damn that yellow light!....
When we got home, I checked the pouches again and I saw some damages on two of my purchases! Grrrrr! Oh well, I'll know better next time.

Saturday, Sept 15.
We invited Edmund to come over to our place for lunch. Ric and I cooked pork adobo (thank you Mama Sita), Vietnamese spring rolls and vegetables from the market.
Then we watched Bourne Ultimatum on DVD.
Luckily for dinner, Edmund invited us to eat at Little Hanoi, his treat! So we went, no second thoughts! :) Dinner was great and as usual the place was packed by travellers and I think we were the only Asians there. After eating, we went again to the kitty stall and I bought more this time and we made sue to really checked the product. Then we went again to the DVD place cause Edmund needs to buy a couple more movies and complilations. Singapore doesn't have pirated DVDs ny the way, that's why he's hoarding!

Sunday, Sept 16.
Just a lazy Sunday for the Simbols :) Our time to just rest and relax!

No comments: