Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Feed me..."

When you're pregnant, your actions, temperament and especially your diet are being influenced (consciously or unconsciously) by your pea in the pod. :)

For me, I really didn't have a bad craving unlike other preggy moms. I practically can eat or will eat anything edible hehehe (except for those that my OB told me not too) So I guess Baby J didn't have an influence on the type of food I'd eat.

But talking about the frequency when to eat...now that's a different story.

Early in my pregnancy, I would require munching every 2 hours. I would even wake up at the wee hours of the morning, 2am and then 4am and then 6am, feeling hungry and having the need to munch on something, anything.

I would usually eat a slice of bread, a few crackers or maybe a bowl of cereal. Well it would all depend on what's available and within reach.

I'd feel so sleepy but the same time sooo hungry. It's like your body is telling you "Go back to sleep..." but there's a voice whispering in your ear "Feed me..." So I would end up having no choice but to follow my stomach :)

Then on the later part of the 2nd trimester, the two hour intervals became 4 hours...whew! No more waking up in the middle of the night but mind you, there's got to be food if I asked for it. Because if not...bad mood! ahahahha

Now that I'm on my 3rd trimester, it's easier now. I don't feel hungry as much as before and still no particular cravings. Oh and this is my food schedule now :)


  • 9:30AM-10AM - wake up and grab breakfast

  • 12nn - Lunch

  • 3PM-4PM - merienda

  • 7PM - dinner

  • 10:30PM - midnight snack

  • 1AM - no food just wiwi break :)

  • 5AM - light snack (cracker, 1 slice of bread or pandesal)

* Well I mentioned that I didn't have a real craving during this pregnancy right. Oh I just remembered that during the 1st trimester I craved for Chili's mashed potatoes. But that was just a short stint but I really could finish the whole serving all by myself. :) Then just last month, I craved for pineapples which I NEVER and HATED eating before but then tasted oh so yummy. :) Now, I'm back to having no cravings, just make sure there's food when I ask for it! hahaha







2 comments:

frecklesspeckles said...

bloghopping mommy anna! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha nandyan pa yun complete schedule ng meals at pati wiwi! :) baby Justin will have a great time catching up on our blogs!